You may be eligible for free or low-cost support provided by these Parent Aware partners.
The Minnesota Department of Human Services leads Parent Aware in coordination with the Minnesota Department of Education and the Minnesota Department of Health. Child Care Aware of Minnesota is working in local communities to share the Ratings with parents, and prepare child care and early education programs. Community leaders, including Close Gaps by 5 and the Greater Twin Cities United Way, also support Parent Aware.
Your Parent Aware Rating or signed Participation Agreement is the key to resources that support your child care program. You may be eligible for free or low-cost support provided by these Parent Aware partners.
Helps child care and early education professionals document and plan for their training and professional development. Services include:
- Help applying for an Individual Membership, creating a Learning Record, and receiving a Career Lattice Step using Develop
- Help applying to become an approved trainer, coach, consultant or mentor
- Virtual career guide to assess skills and identify career options
Offers free relationship-based support, training, modeling, and resources. There are three types of coaching offered:
- Inclusion: support for providers as they seek to meet the individual needs of children through strategies, modeling, and support
- Health and safety: learn about best practices and new illness and accident prevention policies
- Infant and toddler: find new activities, routines and materials for serving infants and toddlers
Offers the following services and supports:
- Observations and scoring with the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS®)
- Supports for Parent Aware CLASS® Coaches
- Training on child assessment and CLASS® observation (Infant, Toddler, Pre-k, and K-3 versions)
- Training on the domains in the CLASS® Observation tool: Instructional Support, Classroom Organization and Emotional Support
- Training on an overview of the CLASS® Observation Tool
A network of regional and district agencies, and one statewide agency. Supports provided include:
- Coaching, technical assistance, and grants
- Free and low-cost training to meet Parent Aware training requirements
- Professional development guidance for providers and teachers
- Scholarships for higher education and retention bonuses
A state government program administered by local county or tribal governments that:
- Provides financial assistance to help families pay for child care
- Pays a higher rate for care provided through programs that are accredited, hold certain credentials, or have a 3 or 4 Star Rating
- Find the county office, tribal office or contracted agency nearest you
An online toolbox with two main components: Parent Aware and Professional Development. Use it to:
- Search and register for training and track professional development activities
- Apply for an Individual Membership and establish a Career Lattice Step
- Apply for and submit documentation to earn a Parent Aware Rating
A state government program administered by area administrators, and for Pathway II scholarships administered directly by Four Star Rated Programs, that:
- Provides scholarships for young children to improve school readiness.
- Scholarships must be used in Parent Aware Rated programs.
- Find the area administrator nearest you.
Provides business development services, including:
- Business training, coaching, consultation, and technical assistance
- Business leadership cohorts
- Low-interest financing to child care businesses
Mental Health Consultation Services, Minnesota Department of Human Services
A state government program that offers early childhood mental health consultation to child care providers, teachers, assistants, and directors.
- Consultation includes a combination of training, reflective consultation, and skill building
- Free for all Parent Aware Rated and participating programs
- Contact your Quality Coach for a referral
Supports early childhood and school-age care programs across Minnesota with:
- Accreditation support services
- Curriculum and assessment consultation
- Relationship Based Professional Development (RBPD) on a variety of topics, customizable onsite
- Professional Development, tailored onsite training & public offerings
- Leadership Journey Series for center-based and school-age care leadership/management
Recruiters are here to answer your questions and start you on the journey to a Rating.